DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Avidity Technologies Inc., an enterprising managed services technology company in the south Chicagoland region, is looking for an experienced Desktop Support Specialist to join its team of independent contractors. As an Independent Contractor of Avidity Technologies Inc., the Desktop Support Specialist is expected to be available for support during off hours, weekends and holidays.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Diagnose and resolve unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Install and support PC, laptop, tablet and mobile hardware and software (certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft or HDI are a plus).
- Create alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies to improve the desktop team function.
- Participate in hardware and software reviews and recommend purchases.
- Maintain inventory of installed software, manage software licensing and create policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Work with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensure that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
- Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
REQUIRED SKILLS OF INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR:
- Knowledge – Know your way around desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Problem solving – Resolve problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
- Teamwork – Work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Education – Possess a computer science degree and one or two certifications from entities such as HDI or Microsoft (Microsoft Certified IT Professional or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator).
- Mobility – Be willing to take on a new position at your current company or accept additional responsibilities when asked.
Independent Contractors invited to submit cover letter, resume and hourly rate of pay requirement. This is not a full-time position, and candidate must be able to work onsite at client locations in Illinois.
Avidity Technologies Inc., a registered M/WBE, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.