- 3 pounds of chicken (traditionally leg quarters, but breasts also work)
- Do not skin the meat and coat each piece with flour
- 3 small cans of tomato sauce
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1 bag of frozen green beans (added later)
- Put all ingredients, minus the green beans, into a crockpot on high for three hours.
- After three hours, switch to low for about 4 hours.
- Add frozen green beans on the last two hours.
Serve over pasta and parmesan cheese